Family doctor services registration (GMS1)

You may register online. Click on the image below to register for this service or login.

Sign in to patient access

Please note that you are required to provide certain items of information when you register. These include your NHS number, place of birth, current address and previous doctor. If you do not provide these details we are unable to register you. We have a computer link with the CCG and if any of the required details are missing the registration will be rejected.

  1. Check that you are living within the practice area. If you are unsure of this please speak to one of our receptionists.
  2. You will need to provide your NHS card as this contains important information especially your NHS number. If you do not have a card we will ask you to complete a form. It is essential that you have your NHS number. If you do not know what this is, contact your previous GP practice and they will be able to give you the number. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY ACCESS TO A CENTRAL COMPUTER SYSTEM TO FIND OUT YOUR NHS NUMBER.
  3. You must give your place of birth. If you were born in London you must state the area eg Islington or Lambeth.
  4. Bring in proof of your current address, for example a utility bill, council tax bill or bank statement.
  5. We will also ask you to complete a health questionnaire. The staff will ask you to weigh and measure yourself and to provide a urine specimen. The staff will help you take a blood pressure reading. If this is all done when you register we will not have to call you back for a health check.

How To Register

Please come to the surgery and complete

  1. the NHS patient registration form,
  2. the adult or child health questionnaire, including the alcohol sheet,
  3. the ethnicity and first language questionnaire
  4. the information on your Summary Care Record (you will need to request an opt out form if you do not wish your details included in the Summary Care Record).

If you wish to register with us from another practice and you are having ongoing treatment, it is really helpful for us to have a summary print-out from your previous doctor. Please request this. This is because we do not get your records immediately and for continuity of care this will be important.

Temporary Residents

If you are going to be in the area for a short time we may only be able to see you as a temporary resident. Our staff can advise you.

New Patients From Abroad

If you have come from overseas there is no automatic right to free treatment under the NHS. The rules are complicated and depend on your normal country of residence and the purpose of your stay. Please ask our staff for advice. Be aware that we may charge a fee for overseas residents in some cases. If you have come to the UK to work or study we will need proof of this. We will require you to bring your passport so we can check that you are eligible for NHS treatment. This includes people coming from countries with a reciprocal agreement.

Patient’s details
Day / Month / Year
If you know your NHS Number, please provide it

Please help us trace your previous medical records by providing the following information
If you are from abroad
Were you ever registered with an Armed Forces GP

Footnote: These questions are optional and your answers will not affect your entitlement to register or receive services from the NHS but may improve access to some NHS priority and service charities services

If you need your doctor to dispense medicines and appliances

Not all doctors are authorised to dispense medicines

NHS Organ Donation registration

Please tell your family you want to be an organ donor. If you do not want to be an organ donor, please visit or call 0300 123 23 23 to register your decision.

NHS Blood Donor Registration

All blood types are needed, especially O negative and B negative. Visit or call 0300 123 23 23.

For all patients who are not ordinarily resident in the UK

Anybody in England can register with a GP practice and receive free medical care from that practice.

However, if you are not ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK you may have to pay for NHS treatment outside of the GP practice. Being ordinarily resident broadly means living lawfully in the UK on a properly settled basis for the time being. In most cases, nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area must also have the status of ‘indefinite leave to remain’ in the UK.

Some services, such as diagnostic tests of suspected infectious diseases and any treatment of those diseases are free of charge to all people, while some groups who are not ordinarily resident here are exempt from all treatment charges.

More information on ordinary residence, exemptions and paying for NHS services can be found in the Visitor and Migrant patient leaflet, available from your GP practice.

You may be asked to provide proof of entitlement in order to receive free NHS treatment outside of the GP practice, otherwise you may be charged for your treatment. Even if you have to pay for a service, you will always be provided with any immediately necessary or urgent treatment, regardless of advance payment.

The information you give on this form will be used to assist in identifying your chargeable status, and may be shared, including with NHS secondary care organisations (e.g. hospitals) and NHS Digital, for the purposes of validation, invoicing and cost recovery. You may be contacted on behalf of the NHS to confirm any details you have provided.

A parent/guardian should complete the form on behalf of a child under 16.

Non-UK European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC) Details And S1 Forms

Complete this section if you live in another EEA country, or have moved to the UK to study or retire, or if you live in the UK but work in another EEA member state. Do not complete this section if you have an EHIC issued by the UK.

How will your EHIC/PRC/S1 data be used? By using your EHIC or PRC for NHS treatment costs your EHIC or PRC data and GP appointment data will be shared with NHS secondary care (hospitals) and NHS Digital solely for the purposes of cost recovery. Your clinical data will not be shared in the cost recovery process.

Your EHIC, PRC or S1 information will be shared with The Department for Work and Pensions for the purpose of recovering your NHS costs from your home country.


Privacy Protection

Information submitted through secure forms is used only for the purposes of processing your request. We may be in touch with you in relation to the information submitted.

All Information submitted through secure forms is secured with a private key and is accessed over a secure connection by nominated staff. We have a strict confidentiality policy.

This information is not shared with any third party organisations.

This information is retained for up to 28 days.

Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Should you have any concerns about sending your personal details using the web, please use one of the alternative methods offered by our organisation.

Local Services, Let
Local Services, Let